Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 003, 2021
Mayflower Road, Chafford Hundred
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Mayflower Road between its junctions with Norfolk Place and the mini roundabout approximately 28m southwards of that junction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Anglian Water to replace 2 manhole covers.
3) The alternative route for Northbound vehicles is Lancaster Road, Warren Lane, Rainbow Road, Saffron Road and Galleon Road and vice versa for Southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 24 January 2021 between the hours of 9:30am and 3:30pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.