Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 017, 2021
Mayflower Road, Chafford Hundred
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Mayflower Road from its junctions with Galleon Road and Santiago Way
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Lancaster Road, Warren Lane, Rainbow Road, Saffron Road and Galleon Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 14 February 2022 until Tuesday 15 February 2022 daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.