Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 032, 2023
Mayflower Road, Chafford Hundred
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Mayflower Road from its junction with Norfolk Place for a distance of approximately 50m in a north direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Anglian Water to carry out maintenance to their apparatus within the carriageway.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles will be Mayflower Road southbound, Lancaster Road, Warren Lane, Rainbow Road, Saffron Road, Galleon Road and Mayflower Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 13 March 2023 at 10am and will be in force for one day between the hours of 10am and 2:30pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.