Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 143, 2021
Mill Road, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Mill Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is High Street, Stifford Road, Aveley Bypass roundabout, Aveley Bypass, Romford Road roundabout and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses. Access to and from the Petrol Garage will be Purfleet Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 1 November 2021 until Friday 5 November 2021 daily between the hours of 9:30am and 2:30pm. The work will be carried out in two phases. From its junction with High Street/Purfleet Road to St Michaels Close and then from St Michaels Close to Romford Road Roundabout. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.