Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 129, 2020
Motherwell Way, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Motherwell Way from its junction with London Road, for a distance of approximately 50m in a northerly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to facilitate a mobile elevated works platform to enable maintenance of Telecom antennas to be undertaken.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is London Road, West Thurrock Way, Heron Way and Motherwell Way and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 30 November 2020 for one day between the hours of 8am to 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.