Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 049, 2023
Mucking Wharf Road, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Mucking Wharf Road from its junction with Butts Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Network Rail to carry out maintenance to their level crossing.
3) There is no alternative route however pedestrians will be marshalled through the site.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 2 April 2023 at 1:30am and will be in force continuously until Monday 3 April 2023 at 4am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.