Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 145, 2022
North Hill, Horndon on The Hill
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along North Hill between its junctions with Lower Dunton Road and Stanford Bypass Interchange
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out Carriageway Resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southeast bound vehicles is South Hill (B1007), High Road (B1007), Staneway, Laindon Link eastbound (B1007), A176 Nether Mayne, A176, Link Road from Bells Corner roundabout and then onto the A13 slip westbound, A13 westbound, Exit slip to Stanford Bypass Interchange and vice versa. The alternative route to Horndon on the Hill will be A13 Entry slip westbound, A13 westbound, Exit slip to Orsett Cock roundabout, A128 Brentwood Road, Orsett Road, Gordon Road, Hilcrest Road and vice versa.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 21 September 2022 at 8am for two days, between the hours of 8am and 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
5) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.