Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 098, 2023
North Road, Purfleet-on-Thames
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along North Road from its junction with Purfleet Bypass for a distance of approximately 55m in an east direction
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along North Road from its junction with Southgate for a distance of approximately 40m in an east direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out Major Gas Mains Replacement.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Purfleet Bypass, Stonehouse Corner Roundabout, Stonehouse Lane, Purfleet Interchange, Arterial Road westbound, Watts Crescent and Southgate and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents. Access will be maintained to Watts Wood Sports Club.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 30 May 2023 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Monday 26 June 2023 at 6pm. The two closures will be carried out in phases with the closure from Purfleet Bypass being completed first. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.