Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 200, 2022
Old Church Hill, Bulphan
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Old Church Hill in both directions from a point approximately 425m east of its junction with High Road, for a distance of approximately 282m in a west direction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable BT to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is southbound on Lower Dunton Road and then eastbound on the B1007 South Hill and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access for residents will be maintained.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Thursday 10 November 2022 at 15:00hrs and will be valid for 21 days, although the works are expected to be completed by Friday 11 November 2022. It will be a daily closure therefore will be open this evening. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.