Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 146, 2022
Old Dock Approach Road northbound, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Old Dock Approach Road northbound between its junctions with Marshfoot Road and the link road from Chadwell Road to Wood View
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out bridge expansion joint repairs and carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route is A126 Marshfoot Road northbound, Marshfoot Road roundabout, A126 Marshfoot Road, B149 Chadwell Bypass, Link Road from Chadwell Road to Wood View.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 3 October 2022 at 7pm and will be in force daily for 3 nights between the hours of 7pm and 5am. The works will be completed in phases as shown in the schedule below. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.