Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 002, 2023
Oliver Road, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Oliver Road from the roundabout at the junction with Oliver Close for a distance of approximately 1km
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles will be A1090 Stoneness Road northbound, Stoneness Roundabout, West Thurrock Way northbound, Lancaster Roundabout, A126 northbound, entry slip to A13 westbound, A13 westbound, exit slip to Mar Dyke interchange, Link Road from A13 southbound to A1306, Arterial Road roundabout, Stonehouse Lane southbound, Stonehouse corner roundabout, A1090 London Road West Thurrock eastbound, A1090 St Clements Way southbound, A1090 Oliver Close eastbound and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 20 March 2023 and will be in force nightly between the hours of 10pm and 5am until Wednesday 22 March 2023 at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.