Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 114, 2023
Orsett Road, Horndon on the Hill
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Orsett Road from its junction with Black Bush Lane for a distance of approximately 400m in a south direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT to carry out installation of new apparatus.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles will be Brentwood Road (A128) southbound, Orsett Cock Interchange, Stanford Road eastbound, Manorway Interchange, North Hill (B1007), Hillcrest Road, Gordon Road, and Orsett Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
3) The Order will come into force on Monday 19 June 2023 at 8am and will remain in force continuously until Friday 23 June 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.