Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 149, 2021
Orsett Road, Horndon on the Hill
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Orsett Road, Horndon on the Hill between its junctions with Black Bush Lane and Brentwood Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out urgent repairs to water main in the carriageway.
4) The alternative route is Orsett Road, northbound on A128 (Brentwood Road), Eastbound on A127, Southbound on West Mayne, Lower Dunton Road, North Hill, Hillcrest Road, Victoria Road and vice versa.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 11am on Tuesday 14 September 2021. It is anticipated that the works will be completed by Monday 20 September 2021 although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.