Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 083, 2022
Orsett Road, Horndon on the Hill
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Orsett Road in both directions from its junction with Brentwood Road (A128), for a distance of approximately 380m in a easterly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT to have a safe working zone whilst they carry out maintenance to their apparatus.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is northbound on Brentwood Road (A128), Doesgate Lane, Lower Dunton Road, North Hill (B1007), Hillcrest Road and Gordon Road and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 8 June 2022 at 10am for one day until 3pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.