Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 018, 2023
Oxford Avenue, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Oxford Avenue between its junctions with Merton Place and River View
- prohibit any pedestrians from travelling along the west footway from approximately 6m south of number 1 to outside 11
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time along the west and east kerb lines from outside number 1 to its junctions with Merton place
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway reconstruction.
3) There is no alternative route. Pedestrians will be marshalled past the works and access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 15 February 2023 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Friday 17 February 2023 at 5pm. The works will be completed in two phases allowing access for residents to be maintained. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.