Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 162, 2022
Parkers Farm Road and Church Lane, Bulphan
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Church Lane between its junctions with Elms Lane and Parkers Farm Road
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Parkers Farm Road from its junction with Church Lane for a distance of approximately 420m in a south direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT to carry out maintenance on their apparatus.
3) The Order will come into force on Monday 17 October 2022 daily between the hours of 8am and 4pm until Friday 21 October 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4) The alternative route for northbound vehicles will be Conways Road, Brentwood Road (A128), Bulphan Bypass, Church Road and Church Lane and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.