Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 203, 2023
Poynder Road, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Poynder Road between its junctions with Raphael Avenue and Gainsborough Avenue
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable UK Power Networks to carry out alterations to an electrical junction box.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles will be Raphael Avenue, Feenan Highway and Gainsborough Avenue and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 6 November 2023 at 8am until Friday 10 November 2023 at 4pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State