Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 067, 2022
Public Footpath Woodview FP111, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any pedestrians from travelling along Footpath 111 from Chadwell Road to Bridleway 112
2) The purpose of the Order is for reasons of safety to divert pedestrians whilst development works continue on building Thames Park School.
3) The alternative route for travelling northbound would be Chadwell Road, Barnmead Meadow, following diversion signs to Bridleway 112 and vice versa for travelling southbound.
4) The Order will come into force at 8am on Friday 22 April 2022 and remain in force until 6pm on Friday 13 May 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 6 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 6 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.