Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
Temporary Prohibition or Restriction of Traffic
Order number: 135, 2020
Purfleet By-pass and Arterial Road, Purfleet-on-Thames; Hall Road, Sandy Lane and Romford Road, Aveley; A13
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- temporarily close various lengths of road in Thurrock as per Schedule 1 to the Order
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing works. All prohibitions as per schedule 1 will apply in stages during the course of the works and will be signed on site accordingly.
3) The alternative routes are in accordance with Schedule 1 to the Order.
4) The Order will come into force at various times starting from Thursday 7 January 2021. Exact dates will be specified on https://one.network. All works are currently scheduled to take place throughout the month of January 2021. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. Diversion routes will be signed at each location and residents will be informed of the dates of each phase via letter / leaflet drop and advanced warning signs on the road. The roads will be closed to facilitate each phase and then re-opened to the public.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the times stated on the schedule to the Order, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner. Any changes to dates will be available on https://one.network
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
|Road||Description||Alternative route||Expected dates|
|A13||From its junctions with Stanford Interchange to Five Bells Roundabout||Orsett Cock Roundabout, A128, A127, A176 Uppermayne, A176 Nethermayne||Monday 11 January 2021, 1 night, 9pm to 5am|
|Purfleet By-pass, Purfleet-on-Thames||From its junctions with Botany Way Roundabout and London Road roundabout||Arterial Road, Junction 31 and Stonehouse Lane and vice versa||Tuesday 12 January 2021 to Thursday 14 January 2021, 3 nights, 9pm to 5am|
|Hall Road, Aveley||From its junctions with Love Lane and Ship Lane||Love Lane, Purfleet Road, High Street, Ship Lane and vice versa||Monday 18 January 2021 to Friday 22 January 2021, 8am to 5pm|
|Arterial Road, Purfleet-on-Thames||From its junctions with Purfleet By-pass and Junction 31||Purfleet Bypass and Stonehouse Lane and vice versa||Monday 25 January 2021, 9:30am to 3:30pm|
|Sandy Lane, Aveley||From its junctions with Romford Road roundabout and New Road (A1306)||Romford Road, Aveley Road, Warwick Lane, Launders Lane, A1306||Tuesday 26 January 2021 to Wednesday 27 January, 8am to 5pm|
|Romford Road Aveley||From its junctions with Aveley Road to Romford Road roundabout||Aveley Road, Warwick Lane, Launders Lane, A1306, Sandy Lane||Thursday 28 January 2021 to Friday 29 January 2021, 9:30am to 3:30pm|