Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 147, 2022
Purfleet Bypass, Purfleet-on-Thames
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along A1090 Purfleet Bypass from its junction with London Road Slip Road/Stonehouse Corner roundabout for approximately 150m in a north westerly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing to take place on Stonehouse Roundabout.
3) The alternative route for northwest bound vehicles on Purfleet Bypass is Stonehouse Lane northbound, A1306 Arterial Road westbound and vice versa for southeast bound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 26 September 2022 at 10pm and will be in force for three nights between the hours of 10pm and 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.