Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 128, 2022
Purfleet Road and High Street, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Purfleet Road and High Street in accordance with schedule one to this order
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route is shown in Schedule One below. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses. Access to the Garage will be via Mill Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Saturday 3 September 2022 and will be in force daily for two days between the hours of 8am and 5pm. The works will be completed in phases as shown in the schedule below. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
|Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Purfleet Road between its junctions with Manning Street for a distance of approximately 185m in an easterly direction including the mini roundabout.||Eastbound will be Purfleet Road westbound, A1306 Arterial Road northbound, B1335 Sandy Lane, Romford Road Roundabout, Aveley Bypass, Stifford Road and High Street and vice versa for westbound vehicles.||Saturday 3 September 2022|
|Prohibit any vehicle exiting Mill Road at its junction with Purfleet Road.||Northbound on Mill Road and then to go westbound will be B1335 Sandy Lane, Arterial Road southbound and Purfleet Road, and to go eastbound will be Romford Road roundabout, Aveley Bypass, Stifford Road and High Street.||Saturday 3 September 2022|
|Prohibit any vehicle from exiting Field Road.||Arnhem Avenue, Love Lane, and Purfleet Road and vice versa.||Saturday 3 September 2022|
|Prohibit any vehicle travelling along High Street between its junction with Mill Road/Purfleet Road and Ship Lane.||Eastbound will be Mill Road, Romford Road Roundabout, Aveley Bypass, Stifford Road and High Street and vice versa for westbound vehicles.||Sunday 4 September 2022|
|Prohibit any vehicle exiting Dacre Avenue at its junction with High Street.||Dacre Crescent, Park View, Park Lane, High Street and vice versa.||Sunday 4 September 2022|