Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 133, 2020
Queen Elizabeth Drive, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Queen Elizabeth Drive from its junction with Bellmaine Avenue for a distance of approximately 40m in a northerly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable UK Power Networks to carry out a new connection to a customer.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Bellmaine Avenue, Hawthorne Road and Lyndhurst Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Saturday 12 December 2020 at 8am and remain in force until 5pm on Sunday 13 December. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.