Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 140, 2022
Rectory Road, Orsett
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Rectory Road from its junction with Stanford Road for a distance of approximately 75m in a northerly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out bridge repairs and carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is B188 Rectory Road northbound, B188 Conways Road eastbound, A128 Brentwood Road South, Orsett Cock Interchange and A1013 Stanford Road westbound and vice versa for northbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 26 September 2022 at 8pm and remain in force continuously until Thursday 29 September 2022 at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.