Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 108, 2022
Rectory Road, Towers Road, Overcliff Road and Dock Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Rectory Road between its junctions with Dock Road and Overcliff Road
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Towers Road
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Cement Block Cottages
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Dock Road between its junctions with Arthur Street and Rectory Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is for reasons of safety to enable emergency services to deal with an incident on the Globe Industrial Estate.
4) The diversion will be as per signage on the highway.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately, Monday 27 June 2022, and will remain in force for 5 days. It is anticipated that the incident will be over by the end of the day and the restrictions lifted but will be in force during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.