Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 042, 2023
Romford Road, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Romford Road from a point 794m south if its junction with Warwick Lane for a distance of approximately 60m in a south direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable UK Power Networks to carry out Tree Cutting to keep branches away from their power lines.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is Aveley Road, Warwick Lane, Launders Lane, A1306 southbound, Sandy Lane and Romford Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Thursday 20 April 2023 at 8am and will be in force for one day between the hours of 8am and 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.