Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 131, 2021
Rookery Hill and Church Road, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Church Road from its junctions with Fobbing Road and Rookery Hill
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Rookery Hill from its junctions with Church Road and Rookery Hill Spur
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out the removal of a tree.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is Giffords Cross Road and The Manorway. For northbound vehicles the alternative route will be The Manorway eastbound all the way to The Manorway roundabout and back westbound, Corringham Road A1014 Roundabout, The Manorway eastbound and Giffords Cross Road. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 13 September 2021 at 9am and will remain in force continuously until Friday 17 September 2021 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.