Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 018, 2021
Runnymede Road, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Runnymede Road between its junctions with Prospect Avenue and London Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is for reasons of safety due to flooding.
4) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is London Road, Butts Lane, and Prospect Avenue and vice versa for northbound vehicles.
5) The Notice comes into force immediately, 14 January 2021 and will be in force for 5 days, however it is expected that he incident will be completed by the end of today, 14 January 2021, although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.