Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 022, 2022
Shannon Way, Nethan Drive, Nare Road and Teviot Avenue, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Shannon Way between its junctions with Romford Road and Teviot Avenue
- temporarily remove the one way travel on Nare Road, Nethan Drive and Teviot Avenue during times as per the order
- prohibit any vehicle from parking on the eastern kerb line of Nethan Drive from its junction with Shannon Way for a distance of approximately 135m in a southerly direction
- prohibit any vehicle from parking on the western kerb line of Teviot Avenue
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles into Shannon Way and to access roads south of Shannon Way will be Romford Road, the northern entrance of Usk Road following it round into Teviot Avenue and for those in Tamar Drive the alternative route will be to exit into Usk Road. The alternative route for any vehicles south of Shannon Way will be Nethan Drive, Shannon Way, Teviot Avenue and Usk Road. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 15 February 2022 at 8am and will be in force daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Wednesday 16 February 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.