Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 074, 2022
Ship Lane and High Steet, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from turning left into High Street from Ship Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable a safe working zone for BT engineers to access existing telegraph pole(s) to provide fibre overhead cabling for a customer.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles will be Stifford Road, Aveley Bypass and Mill Lane.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 15 May 2022 at 9:30am for one day until 3:30pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.