Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 153, 2022
Ship Lane, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Ship Lane between its junctions with Hall Road and Junction 31
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route is for northbound vehicles is A1306 Arterial Road Westbound, Botany Way roundabout, A1306 Arterial Road, Purfleet Road, High Street and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access to the caravan site and Thurrock Hotel will be via High Street end of Ship Lane and Back Lane will be given access via junction 31 end of Ship Lane via Gatemen if required.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 3 October 2022 at 9pm and will be in force nightly for 3 nights between the hours of 9pm and 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.