Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 136, 2020
South Hill, Langdon Hills
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along South Hill (B1007) from a point 150m south of its junction with Old Hill Avenue for a distance of approximately 50 metres in a southerly direction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable UKPN to carry out urgent works to their apparatus in the carriageway within South Hill.
4) The alternative route for northbound vehicles will be North Hill (B1007), Manorway Interchange, A13, A176, Laindon Link, Staneway and High Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Thursday 3 December 2020 and will be valid for 21 days, however it is expected that the works will be completed by 3pm on 3 December 2020, although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.