Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 184, 2022
South Hill, Langdon Hills
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along South Hill between its junctions with Old Church Hill and Old Hill Avenue
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT to carry out installation of a BT Duct and Box.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is High Road, Staneway, Laindon Link eastbound, A176 Nethermayne southbound, Five Bells Interchange, A13 westbound, The Manorway Interchange and B1007 North Hill and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Thursday 1 December 2022 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Wednesday 14 December 2022 at 6pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.