Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 185, 2022
Southend Road, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling southbound between its junctions with One Tree Hill and Lampits Hill
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out urgent works to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for southbound vehicles will be westbound on the A13, Manorway Interchange, off-slip to Dunstable Roundabout and Southend Road, and vice versa for northbound vehicles.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Wednesday 26 October 2022 at 3pm. The notice will be valid for 21 days but is expected to finish sooner. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.