Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 187, 2022
Southend Road, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from exceeding 30mph on Southend Road between its junctions with Lampits Hill and One Tree Hill
3) The purpose of the Notice is for reasons of safety whilst Cadent Gas carry out urgent works to their apparatus on the southbound carriageway.
4) The Notice will come into force immediately on Monday 31 October 2022 at 12:30pm. The notice will be valid for 21 days but is expected that the works on the southbound carriageway are expected to be completed by Friday 11 November 2022. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.