Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 211, 2022
Southend Road, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Southend Road between its junctions with One Tree Hill and Lampits Hill
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles will be westbound on the A13, Manorway Interchange, The Manorway, Corringham Road roundabout, The Manorway, Rookery Hill, Church Road and Lampits Hill and for northbound vehicles will be Lampits Hill, Church Road, Rookery Hill, eastbound on The Manorway, Manorway roundabout, westbound on The Manorway, Corringham Road roundabout, The Manorway, Manorway Interchange, A13 eastbound, Five Bells Interchange and Southend Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 9 January 2023 at 9pm and will be in force for one night until Tuesday 10 January 2023 until 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.