Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 004, 2022
Southend Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Southend Road from its junctions with Lodge Lane and Tennyson Avenue
- prohibit any vehicle from using the filter lane that turns right into Southend Road from Lodge Lane
- prohibit any vehicle from turning left into Southend Road from Lodge Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles on Southend Road is westbound on Lodge Lane, Treacle Mine roundabout, Elizabeth Road (A1012), Hogg Lane (A1012), London Road (A126), Orsett Road (A1013), Palmers Avenue (A1013) and vice versa for westbound vehicles. The alternative route for vehicles wishing to turn right into Southend Road from Lodge Lane will be Lodge Lane eastbound, Daneholes Roundabout, Wood View (B149) and Chadwell Road. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 14 August 2022 at 8am for one day until 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.