Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 070, 2022
Southend Road, Lampits Hill, Milton Road and Williamsons Way, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
i) prohibit any vehicle from travelling along B1420 Southend Road from the roundabout at its junction with One Tree Hill to its junction with Morley Hill
ii) prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Lampits Hill from the mini roundabout at its junction with Southend Road to its junction with Lampits Lane
iii) prohibit any vehicle from exiting and entering Milton Road at its junction with Southend Road
iv) prohibit any vehicle from exiting and entering Williamsons Way at its junction with Southend Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative routes are as below:
i) for southbound vehicles travelling from One Tree Hill roundabout to Southend Road the alternative route will be the B1420 Southend Road, A13 westbound, The Manorway Interchange, The Manorway A1014, The Manorway off slip down to Dunstable Road Roundabout and Southend Road and vice versa
ii) for vehicles wishing to get to Lampits Hill from One Tree Hill roundabout the alternative route will be B1420 Southend Road, A13 westbound, The Manorway Interchange, The Manorway A1014, Rookery Hill and Church Lane and for vehicles wishing to get from Lampits Hill to One Tree Hill Roundabout the alternative route will be Church Road, Rookery Hill, A1014 The Manorway Eastbound, A1014 Westbound, The Manorway Interchange, A13 eastbound, slip road exit to Basildon, A176 Southbound, Five Bells Link Road Westbound and Southend Road
iii) the alternative route to gain access to Milton Road will be to use Morley Hill and Howell Road and vice versa to exit Milton Road
iv) the alternative route to gain access to Williamsons Way will be to use Mackley Drive then into Williamsons Way and vice versa to exit Williamsons Way
For vehicles wishing to get to Southend Road from Lampits Hill will be to use Giffords Cross Road
4) The Order will come into force on Thursday 26 May 2022 at 8:30pm. The order will be in force nightly for 3 nights between the hours of 8:30pm and 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.