Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 041, 2022
Southend Road, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from turning right from Southend Road roundabout onto the southbound carriageway of Southend Road
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling across Southend Road from Southend Road roundabout onto the westbound on slip of The Manorway
- prohibit parking at all times on Southend Road from its junction with Victoria Road for a distance of approximately 37m in a northerly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out highway improvement works.
3) The alternative route is travel northbound on Southend Road, around Dunstable roundabout to travel southbound on Southend Road then left onto The Manorway on slip.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 14 March 2022 at 9:30am and will be in force continuously until Sunday 1 May 2022 at 4pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.