Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 190, 2022
Southey Walk, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Southey Walk from its junction with Brennan Road for a distance of approximately 20m in a north direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out installation of a speed table.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles will be Cowper Avenue westbound, Feenan Highway southbound and Brennan Road eastbound and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents via the diversion.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 12 December 2022 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Friday 16 December 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.