Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 073, 2023
Springhouse Road, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Springhouse Road between its junctions with Southend Road and Gordon Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out urgent leak repairs in the carriageway.
4) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles will be Southend Road southbound, Abbots Drive, The Sorrells northbound, Gordon Road southbound and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Friday 17 March 2023 at 9:30am and will be valid for 21 days, although the works are expected to be completed by Wednesday 29 March 2023. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.