Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 072, 2022
St Clements Way, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along St Clements Way between its junctions with London Road and Oliver Close
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Oliver Close between its junctions with St Clements Way and Oliver Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles into St Clements Road will be London Road, Stonehouse Lane, Junction 31, Link Road from A1306 to M25(N), Junction 30, A13 eastbound, A126, Lancaster roundabout, West Thurrock Way, Stoneness Roundabout, Oliver Road. The alternative route for westbound vehicles on Oliver Close will be Oliver Road, Stoneness Roundabout, West Thurrock Way, Lancaster Roundabout, A126, A13 westbound, Junction 30, Link Road from A13 to A1306, Junction 31, Stonehouse Lane and London Road. Access will be maintained for businesses by using Marshalls.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 30 May at 8pm. The order will be in force nightly for 3 nights between the hours of 8pm and 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.