Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 078, 2022
Stanford-le-Hope Level Crossing, London Road
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along London Road Level Crossing, Stanford-le-Hope
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Network Rail to carry out maintenance to the Level Crossing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is A1013 (Stanford Road), A1014 (The Manorway), Exit slip towards Dunstable Road Roundabout, southbound on Southend Road, King Street and High Street, The Green and Church Hill. For westbound vehicles the alternative route will be King Street, Southend Road, on slip to The Manorway, A1014 (The Manorway), A1013 (Stanford Road), and London Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 22 May 2022 at 12:30am and remain in force continuously until Monday 23 May 2022 at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.