Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 214, 2023
Station Road and Church Road, East Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Church Road between its junctions with Low Street Lane and Station Road
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Station Road from its junction with Church Road for a distance of approximately 275m in an east direction
- temporarily revoke the 7.5tn weight restriction on Station Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable the construction of a new access road and junction for the Thurrock Flexible Generation Plant.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Station Road eastbound, Princess Margaret Road, Muckingford Road, Linford Road, Chadwell Hill, Marshfoot Road, A1089 southbound, St Andrews Road, Ferry Road, new Infrastructure Road, Fort Road, Cooper Shaw Road and Church Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 13 November 2023 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Friday 24 November 2023 at 1pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.