Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 054, 2023
Station Road, East Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Station Road from its junction with Love Lane for a distance of approximately 100m in a southwest direction
- temporarily revoke the 7.5tn weight limit on Station Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT to carry out maintenance to their apparatus.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Princess Margaret Road, Muckingford Road, Linford Road, Chadwell Hill, Marshfoot Road, A1089, St. Andrew’s Road, Ferry Road, New Infrastructure Road, Fort Road, Cooper Shaw Road, and Church Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 4 April 2023 at 10am and will be in force for one day between the hours of 10am and 4pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.