Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 118, 2022
Stifford Clays Road, Orsett
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Stifford Clays Road between its junctions with Stifford Clays Road and Baker Street
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable UK Power Networks to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route is as signposted on the highway. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Monday 18 July 2022 and will be valid for 21 days, although the works are expected to be completed by Monday 25 July 2022. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.