Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 077, 2023
Stifford Clays Road, Stifford Clays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Stifford Clays Road between numbers 142 and 166
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable UK Power Networks to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for westbound vehicles will be Blackshots Lane, Long Lane, Treacle Mine Roundabout, Link Road to Stifford interchange and Stifford Clays Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Wednesday 29 March 2023 at 9:30am and will be valid for 21 days, although the works are expected to be completed by 4:30pm on Wednesday 29 March 2023. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.