Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 119, 2022
Stifford Interchange, North Stifford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the eastern quadrant of Stifford Interchange between the eastbound A13 on-slip and the westbound off-slip
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the western quadrant of Stifford Interchange between the westbound A13 on-slip and the eastbound off-slip
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable National Highways to survey and repair failed joint on that section of the roundabout.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles Stifford Interchange will be A13 westbound on-slip, Junction 30, A13 eastbound and A13 off-slip to Stifford Interchange. The alternative route for southbound vehicles on Stifford interchange will be A13 on-slip eastbound, Orsett Cock Interchange, A13 westbound and A13 off-slip to Stifford Interchange.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 15 August 2022 at 10pm and will remain in force for 4 nights until Friday 19 August 2022 at 6am. The works will be completed in 2 phases:
- eastbound quadrant for the first and second night
- westbound quadrant for the third and fourth night
It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.