Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 033, 2023
Stifford Interchange, North Stifford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the east and west quadrant of Stifford Interchange in accordance with Schedule One to the Order
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable National Highways to carry out replacement of failed joints and waterproofing works.
3) The alternative routes are shown in Schedule One to this Order.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 6 March 2023 at 10pm and will remain in force nightly between the hours of 10pm and 5:30am Monday to Thursday nights, and between the hours of 11pm and 6am on Friday nights until Saturday 1 April at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
|Effect||Alternative route||Dates and times|
|Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the western quadrant of Stifford Interchange between the westbound A13 on slip and the eastbound A13 off slip.||The alternative route will be the A13 westbound on slip, A13, Junction 30, A13 eastbound and A13 off slip to Stifford Interchange. Monday 6 March to Thursday 9 March 2023||Monday 13 March to Thursday 16 March 2023, 10pm to 5:30am,
Friday 10 March and Friday 17 March 2023, 11pm to 6am
|Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along eastern quadrant of Stifford Interchange between the eastbound A13 on slip and the westbound off slip.||The alternative route will be the A13 on slip eastbound, A13, Orsett Cock Interchange, A13 westbound and A13 off slip to Stifford Interchange Monday 20 March to Thursday 23 March 2023||Monday 27 March to Thursday 30 March 2023, 10pm to 5:30am,
Friday 24 March and Friday 31 March 2023, 11pm to 6am