Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 092, 2023
Stifford Interchange, North Stifford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the south quadrant of Stifford Interchange between the exit for the A1012 and the A13 westbound entry slip road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable National Highways to carry out carriageway resurfacing after remedial works to the carriageway has taken place.
4) The alternative route will be to exit Stifford Interchange onto A1012 (Link Road between Treacle Mine and Stifford Interchange), around Treacle Mine roundabout, and back onto the A1012 (Link Road between Treacle Mine roundabout and Stifford Interchange).
5) The Notice will come into force on Monday 17 April 2023 at 10pm and will be valid for 21 days, the closures are between the hours of 10pm and 5:30am Monday to Thursday and between 11pm and 6am Friday, it is expected that these works will be completed by Saturday 22 April at 6am. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.