Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 048, 2023
Stour Road, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Stour Road between its junctions with Thames Drive and Chelmer Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out the installation of three Speed Tables.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Thames Drive southbound, Crouch Road, and Stour Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents however will be restricted within the actual working zones.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 17 April 2023 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Friday 28 April 2023 at 5pm. The works will be carried out in phases and only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.